Kristiansand International Children`s Film Festival (KICFF) takes place from the 21st to the 26th of April 2020. The 23rd edition of the festival will take place in the city of Kristiansand, in beautiful Southern Norway.
The main events during the INDUSTRY DAYS at KICFF 2020 will be:
Thursday, April 23rd
- Documentary Seminar in collaboration with the South Norwegian Film Center. The theme of the seminar will be «Annerledeshet og utenforskap» which means “Being different and exclusion”. The seminar will discuss several different New Nordic documentaries which adress this theme in different ways. The seminar is in Norwegian/Scandinavian.
- Industry lunch at Grønt senter
- Work-in-progress presentation in English called "Films on the Horizon" at Aladdin Cinema. We will be presenting 8 upcomming Nordic feature lenght films for children and youth.
- For those of you bringing children we offer a guided tour at the Zoo in ’Kristiansand Dyrepark’ in the area called «Nordic wilderness». This is a very popular event for both children and adults. Ask our guest coordinator to reserve you a place if interested.
- The South Norwegian Film Center invites all industry guest to an informal dinner at Aladdin Cinema after the Films on the Horizon presentation.
Friday, April 24th
09:00 – 13:00: Nordic children's film seminar. The seminar is in English.
Come and learn about the newest data, get inspiration from recent case studies and join the discussion with film makers, decision makers and other experts.
Nordic children’s films are original, they take their audience serious and are loved both in their own countries and abroad - at least that is what we like to think, but is that really true? This morning we will take a deep dive into the subject and examine the truth of the Pippi Longstocking heritage. Can the Nordic children’s film survive in the Disney era? Are they responding to what a young audience wants?
- Industry lunch at the seminar venue TBA
- Pitch competition in Norwegian. 6 new projects (tv series or feature film) competes on winning a prize of 100 000 NOK. In norwegian.
- Friday afternoon, we will take you for a walk up to the topp of Odderøya Island, close to the city center. Starts outside Thon Hotel Parken. We will have a nice and cosy social gathering at a barn – yes, you read it correctly. A farmers barn rennovated in to a beautiful venue. We look forward to hosting a party together there with Mediefondet Zefyr. We will also reveal the pitch winner the same evening.
Saturday, April 25th
- Familiy day with a «Street party» outside the Cinema. This event has several activities and surprises during the many screenings.
- Award Ceremony at 17:00 at Aladdin Cinema.
- Closing party
Sunday, April 26th
- "The Green day". Sunday at the Cinema will focus on environment, nature and animals. This event has several activities for the family audience at Kristiansand cinema.
Please contact our Guest Coordinator Lisa Ngo at firstname.lastname@example.org or + 47 472 48 927 if you need further information.